Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead: Greatest Guitarist Of Our/All Time?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #119 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Lots of good insight here. Who's to say what or where the level sits on the scale of soul/emotion, who can actually put a gradient level on that litmus test? To me, I can hear soul, and emotion in every single note from Brian. That's how he expresses himself, that's his soul and emotion. His technical abilities allow him to play notes that build on his cognitive skills, and for the most part his subconcious comes through at a level that may be lost on someone that has been conditioned for a more traditional approach. As in everything, it's all about perspective.
Its the same knock that Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen get. When your technical prowess is such it leans towards mechanical. I'm not really big on gymnastic guitar players in general, but I can appreciate the technical prowess while not enjoying it at times. I loved Vai's Flexable album and Satrianis SWTA. I haven't delved enough into Buckethead but he seems cut from the same mold, and while its not my thing, he certainly earns my respect for being a very gifted guitarist.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote