Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #18982 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

The Besnard Lakes - The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse (2007)
On first listen, I wasn't as impressed with this one as I was their debut. In fact, I found several songs quite weak towards the end. Hopefully it's a grower.

Wilderness - Vessel States (2007)
Slower tempo than their first, which is just fine by me as opposed to something that would potentially sound just like their debut. I like the change of speed, not that I'm saying it's better.

My Bloody Valentine - MBV (2013)
I don't consider myself a fan of this band, I suppose I can say I'd like to be a fan. I've listened to Loveless a handful of times, but it hasn't clicked even though a few songs are good. The rest just washes over me, but not in the desirable kind of way. I've listened to Isn't Anything a few times, and from what I recall I liked that one better. So how do I feel about MBV? Well I got it out of curiosity, and well...it's ok. There's a chance I'll "get it" faster than Loveless, or maybe it won't do much for me either. I've played it twice so far and I'm generally ambivalent.