Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #623 (permalink)
TboneFrank
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
For the most part, I think you can get Dylan's core albums on vinyl, even during that vinyl drought of the 90s. I know I've seen Good As I Been To You on vinyl...I'd have to check but I think everything after that is available on vinyl as well. Certainly that wasn't his last album released as such. I don't think some of the Bootleg series albums are on vinyl, though, and when they are they are mighty expensive.
I haven't listened to my Dylan vinyls in over 15 years since my turn-table died. Everything is on the computer these days anyway which sort of takes the fun out of it. But for quick and easy access it's convenient and anyway my aging ears don't really decipher the aural nuances between analog and digital anymore.

I have all the official releases on vinyl up until "Love & Theft". New vinyl records did get more expensive as the releases got more limited. "Time Out Of Mind" and L&T were close to $20 each when they were released. Since I had the CD's I never replaced my turn-table and so I never got a chance to spin them.

Is it hard to find the old Dylan albums on vinyl these days? In the 90's I was picking up multiple copies for a buck or two and didn't really know if the vinyl was any good or not. Just the covers, sleeves and liner notes were worth getting at that price.
TboneFrank is offline   Reply With Quote