Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper
Thread: Alice Cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #79 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post

Just wanted to share a couple of my favorites from Dada, just as a taster and an introduction to those who have not heard it yet (I'm sure that the ends of the Youtubes will point to more Dada songs). "Pass the Gun Around", the excellent closer, still remains one of my favorite Cooper songs. Killer guitar solo by Dick Wagner!

Dada still remains one of the under-valued albums that deserves to be heard. It's a pretty dark ride, and something that sits well with his classics.

I missed out on buying the album for a long time, but getting it recently brought back a memory of spotting the cover at a K Mart, although I was not of the age to buy albums on my own and I knew that Alice was not a favorite of my parents (I could imagine them yelling "put it back!" if I would have picked Zipper Catches Skin for them to buy for me in a manner reminiscent of me asking them to get Isaac Hayes' Tough Guys album!). It was seriously worth the long wait!
Totally agree about Dada and bought it on vinyl when it first came out and it has always been one of my favourite AC albums. Around the time of its release, AC had long since been resigned to the nostalgic bin and was at the end of the road commercially. That would of course change just a few years later with the release of Constrictor but of course that album couldn't match Dada in terms of quality. You've probably highligthed two of the best songs on that album, but I'll also add the below songs. And of course let us not forget just how fantastic his lyrics were around this time and his vocal delivery must be amongst the coolest deliveries in the history of rock. On my music journal I've just reviewed Billion Dollar Babies

http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...ml#post1283281

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote