Music Banter - View Single Post - 'new generation' solo instrumental albums
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
trogdor
Groupie

Default 'new generation' solo instrumental albums

I thought I would start a thread for any known 'new generation' players who are solo. I will start of with my passion instrument bass guitar! often over looked, the dark horse! However i'm not interested in the celebrated musicians/bass players like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers bassist 'Flea' who is now in his 50's. I'm interested in the next generation of younger players. Also I'm not into bass players who play with a plectrum as 9 times out of 10 they are just a guitarist lumbered with playing a bass in the band.

Andy C Saxton
I read about this guy in UK's Bass Guitar Magazine. I was intreged when I read up on Andy because he has been developing an idea I thought of too. To record heavy instrumental albums by only using bass guitar and produce heavy distorted tones/rythm tracks without using an electric guitar (He also records the drums himself)

This is really 'music for musicians' but as a young bass player myself I take a lot of influence from this guy (and have purchased all 3 of his albums so far) And I definately think he is one of the 'next gen' bass players to look out for.

"Cloak & Dagger" taken from album 'Loom' released 2013

Andy C Saxton "Cloak & Dagger" taken from latest ep "LOOM" - YouTube

"A Fire Inside" taken from album 'Drum & Bass' released 2012

Andy C Saxton - 'A FIRE INSIDE' (Out Now On iTunes) - YouTube

"Labrinth" taken from album 'Evolution Of the Thumb' released 2011

Andy C Saxton - Warwick Streamer LX Custom Shop Bass - YouTube
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote