Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #4291 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Fluffy, you are jut wrong on this one. Simple really.

Maybe he is "overrated", let's move past that. Your actual judgement of the player is wide of the mark. I remember you were claiming things like Falcao being a better passer/dribbler than Rooney and having a higher work rate etc. That's just nonsense.

Rooney is the finest footballer of his generation, and only Paul Scholes surpasses him from any recent generation.
lol

Cool evidence provided.

I remember you saying Rooney was a better passer, then the next game was away vs Swansea where Rooney was spraying passes to nobody left, right and centre. He was taken off because it was that bad.

As for dribbling; Rooney was a good dribbler pre-2009, I've seen him tear Roma to shreds on the wing and run at defences when he was playing for Everton. He doesn't dribble anymore. He was pushed further forward in 2009 to fill the void of Ronnie and since then he's not been successful at all when he's running at players. His game isn't about that anymore. He is played in the trequartista role but doesn't have the touch or passing to do it. I believe Rooney's best position is as an out and out striker. That was where his best season was, and I believe despite my criticisms, he can be good there as he does offer goals. He is also good at heading, Tony V had a field day in 2009/10 dinking balls onto Rooney's head. Rooney is no good playing behind the striker. He's also one of the best free-kick takers in the league if not Europe.

I also believe he is mentally weak, hence Ferguson leaving him out of the squad vs scouse teams God knows how many times.

Nothing you've said is based on any real evidence. It's all opinions. "You're just wrong", "that is nonsense" etc.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote