Music Banter - View Single Post - Greetings MB community
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
BadAnimal
Groupie

Default Greetings MB community

My name's Stevie, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Ireland. I've been lurking for a few days to get a feel for how active the community is and it seems to be thriving, I'm looking forward to contributing to the banter :-)

I have my dad to thank for sparking my interest in music. He started me on daily doses of Pink Floyd, The Talking Heads, Bob Marley, etc. from as far back as I can remember and I quickly became obsessed. My first favourite album, when I was around 8 years old, was Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds", my eyes used to be glued to the illustrations in the book that came with the vinyl (anyone who owns it knows how awesome they are!). When I was around 16 I started finding music for myself and developed a taste for metal, which I rarely listen to now apart from the odd bit of Megadeth and Rammstein. Right now I have a soft spot for ambient techno and folk music but my listening habits are constantly changing. I also enjoy playing and composing music, I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now and I'm beginning to learn Ableton.

Wow, I kinda let this introduction drag on a bit haha. I read the sticky thread for newbies, it recommended giving a little insight into your musical taste and I guess I had myself a moment of nostalgia writing it lol. I'll wrap things up by saying I hope to make some new like minded friends on here as I get involved with the community and until then be good and take it easy :-)
BadAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote