Music Banter - View Single Post - John Zorn- Awesome Free Jazz/Avant Garde Artist
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
Based mostly on seeing the name pop up in Frownland's "now listening to" on last.fm, I decided to give John Zorn a go. Seems pretty rad so far, although he has a hell of a discography. I've been mainly using rateyourmusic reviews to decide which albums to listen to (I've listened to Naked City and his first Filmworks album so far), but if you guys have specific recommendations I'd love to hear them.
I got you into this mess so I'll give you a few suggestions . Spy Vs. Spy is my favourite Zorn album not counting Naked City's material. Also check out Book of Heads, The Big Gundown, Moonchild, and his group Masada's album Alef.

And by Naked City did you mean the album or the group? Because Zorn made a few other albums with the people on the Naked City, and they're all fantastic. Especially Torture Garden, which also happens to be one of my overall favourite albums.

Last edited by Frownland; 02-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote