Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #12885 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I'm going to be buried in snow until noon tomorrow. I'm going to nerd out the entire time and watch like ten movies.

The Woman in Black

Avoid this at all costs. Seriously. It was a piece of ****. Weird because I thought the directors' first film Eden Lake was pretty well done. Radcliffe should have no career in acting anymore. He's just not good. And don't tell me it's because I only see him as Harry Potter because I only saw the first three films. The dude just can't act. It was like he didn't want to be there. Not even nice aesthetics could save this.

2/10

The Godfather

This is going to come as a shock to most of you but this is on my list of films I just never got around to watching. I don't know if it was the long run time or the fact that I could never catch it on TV but it just eluded for my entire life. I found a good deal on Amazon and bought the restored versions of all three films. I'm not a huge fan of gangster films but how can I say this was anything short of perfect? I prefer Goodfellas but it's a flawless film with powerhouse acting. Great film and now I just have to find another three hours to sit still and watch Part II

Lynch/10

Serpico

I wanted to continue the Pacino-thon by finally getting to see this one. This was the second film in his legendary four straight Oscar nominations. He was great in this one and I felt he gave a more heartfelt and serious performance than his very good but sporadic role in Dog Day Afternoon. This dragged in parts but it's a Lumet movie which means it was filmed perfectly and had a great ending.

8/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote