Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #19006 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

A part of my childhood is brought back into my life. A great collection, and surprising considering what K-Tel usually offered. Strangely, knowing that my parents did not listen to this stuff, they got me the album for some reason (possibly that it was cheap), but it was pretty cool that they did...maybe I asked for it as a present. Still, it remains one of the best parts of The 70's and one that I'm sure introduced a lot of people to these sounds as it was in a lot of stores in the smaller cities. My used buy also came with a shrink wrap with a Woolco sticker on it (The noted bargain store that was still doing good business then).

Plus - The Jam-The Gift
Another cool memory. This was an album I borrowed from a library which seriously got me into their music after knowing how great they were seeing them on Fridays (Crap Early 80's ABC SNL wanna-be with great music guests). Fine album.

Trivia note: Super Bad is Back's song selection has The Chi-Lite's "Stoned Out of My Mind" which was covered by The Jam for a B-Side!
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote