Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #433 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Okay this was 100% experimentation and it couldn't have come out better.

Pete's Bleu Cheese Burger

Things You'll Need.

-Ground Beef
-Salt/Pepper
-Garlic Salt
-Egg
-Crumbled Bleu Cheese
-1/2 onion
-2 mushrooms
-Crema
-Heavy Cream

We'll start with making your hamburger patties first. In a mixing bowl add your ground beef, salt/pepper, garlic salt, and egg. Then with your hands start mixing all the ingredients together, adding more if you think you need it. Shape into a patty (or use some plastic wrap and a lid), put on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and put that in the fridge for 1 hour.

At about 55 minutes after putting the patty in the fridge, start chopping your onion so they are shaped like long strips and start frying them (preferably in a cast-iron pan). The trick to fried onions is to move them as little as possible. After about five minutes add your mushrooms (I did mine as 1/4" cuts all the way through the shroom). Once they've carmalized, add your heavy cream (I'd say about 1/2 cup if you're only making one burger) and let that sit for a minute or two, then start stirring. The crema is optional, but I found it helped thicken the mixture up quite a bit, and I used about 1/2 a teaspoon. The mixture will take on a beige color from the onions, and when it's starting to thicken, add a teaspoon of crumbled bleu cheese. You don't want to add too much because of how strong it is, and I used 2 teaspoons and it was a little strong. Stir that together and then turn it down to a low setting, stirring occasional so it stays fluid.

Now I'll leave you to your preferred method of cooking the burger, I had to pan-fry it because my oven is broken right now and I don't have a BBQ or George Foreman grill, but when it's cooked to your preferred state of doneness, put on a bun and scoop your bleu cheese sauce, pour on top of the burger and enjoy.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote