Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #496 (permalink)
The Big Dog

The implication throughout seems to be that if you think MBDTF is a concept album you're stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Ok, it is a concept album if you're the kind of person who got suckered by oxy-clean commercials.
Despite interpretation being subjective. Nobody is right or wrong. However;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
No. Next you're going to say Good Kid Mad City is a concept album.. Not on my watch, I'm a badass after all.
Quote:
To say "no you're wrong, the album is about Y not X" is stupid because just like musical taste, interpretation is subjective.
This post would imply MBDTF and GKMC are definitely not concept albums, yet the album that was discussed favourably earlier (Labour Days) seems to be unanimously considered conceptual despite no evidence. To me this looks like a case of the album I like is good, the album you like is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Going on about how famous you are on every track isn't telling a story, even if the tone shifts.
Even if this were a concept, there is evidence in this thread ^ of the concept being diminished because of its nature.

Really, I'm not here to start an argument, but the new member with the cat avatar was giving his opinions on why he thinks MBDTF is conceptual and was basically told "no you're wrong"
Vintage Music Banter logic.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote