Music Banter - View Single Post - Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed"
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
neardeathexperience
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Was going through some records the other day and this album came up so I thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else knows it. Days of Future Passed was always my favorite of my dad's records to listen to as a kid. Something about it always seemed magical - if you've never heard it, it's an album from the late 60s composed of a mix of classical music and rock n roll pieces with random bits of poetry in between... All of the songs seemed to flow together like one complete work of art or something, and it always blew me away. Especially the last lines of the poem at the end. Maybe you've heard the songs "Nights in White Satin" or "Tuesday Afternoon." Now that I listened to it again a few days ago and it's still got that kind of novelty feel to it - there really aren't any other albums you could easily compare it to.

Anyways just wanted to make this thread since I didn't see one already. You never see "Days of Future Passed" in any sort of Greatest Albums of All Time lists & for that I think it's underrated. Definitely one of my favorites!

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
A great album made by perhaps one of the most talented bands that ever came out of the UK. I liked quite a few of their earlier albums. They never seemed to get mentioned that often I think it is because they offered more of a high brow style of music as oppose to the pop style. They were a force unto themselves because to my knowledge no other band was really making music that sounded like what the Moody Blues were doing!
neardeathexperience is offline   Reply With Quote