Music Banter - View Single Post - Westboro Baptist Church
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

The mentality behind WBC is really easy to understand. It's hard to agree with, but I don't understand why people find it crazy that people suscribe to such extreme positions.

It starts young. Look at how many kids are taking part in this sort of thing. Their own parents and mentors are pedaling this crap, and guess what happens when you grow up in a home that advocates hatred? Go ahead.. guess...

I think the the only variable here is whether people eventually grow up and decide to be objective enough to really look at their beliefs and the effects of them that dictates whether they will continue to hold them or not. But I do think that the environment these people grow up in has a lot to do with what puts them there in the first place.

Obviously, if all these people grew up in a household that taught tolerance and understanding, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing. I think these are just the people that were blind enough and, dare I say unintelligent enough, to not be able to move beyond their background for the sake of the welfare of humanity as a whole.

Instead, they're comfortable being ignorant and hateful, because hey, "god" is on their side and they grew up thinking this was it.
Religious people in general aren't much different in their beliefs. They're just on a different scale.