Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #213 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

66. Minor Threat Genre (Hardcore) ,Virginia USA era 80's &

Fugazi Genre (Post Hardcore), Virginia USA, era, 80's/90's

Legendary DC hardcore act Minor Threat have been immortalized over the years, largely due to kicking off a straight edge movement that flew in the face of an entertainment industry, whose primary message to youth was "go and get wasted dude!" People like Ian MacKaye and company, said no thanks, and went off to create their own scene. You have to respect that!

Minor Threat is a great band to introduce people to classic hardcore, primarily because their songs consist of simple melodic beats that are easy to get into. Unfortunately sometimes they're so simplistic, that they even make the Ramones look basic, and one can quickly tire of that after awhile. The opposite of course can be said of Fugazi, Minor Threat's protege, not my thing, but if you like post hardcore, it's an essential place to start.

Minor Threat

Betray

Seeing Red

Fugazi

Allright in revamping this list, I must confess that after many long decades Fugazi is finally growing on me, which is a sure sign I'm getting old, lol. But hey, your talking to an Exploited fan. I however realize that it was a bit of an oversight on my part though, to make a punk/hardcore list without having them on it, so...

The Waiting Room

Shut The Door

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 06-30-2013 at 12:47 AM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote