Music Banter - View Single Post - How many more lectures will Vegangelica make?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #139 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

^I think you are a bit overzealous, slappy (ex. I doubt anyone here hates Erica), but I agree with a lot of what you write. I f.ex also believe that when moderating, personal is not the same as important and that a professional mod leaves personal out of it and mod for the sake of the community and not him/herself. They should not mock members, but adhere to the rules they enforce and act as role models for the rest of the community.

That's not something we can always achieve because we're just people, but it should still be an ideal to strive for, I think.

About Erica, I wholeheartedly agree. She's a beautiful person full of strength and even if I don't always agree with her "lectures", I appreciate them because I know they come from good intentions. She's been tried, tested and mocked on these forums, but her convictions never buckle. I have more respect for Erica than most other members on here and love to see her argue her opinions here, even if they're usually not the popular ones.

It's also refreshing to read the posts of someone who's not the typical disillusioned, cynical bastard on the internet (a sort of stereotype I fear I myself am turning more and more into). She doesn't get the recognition she deserves, I think.