Music Banter - View Single Post - You Are What You Listen To
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Euronomus
Dibs on the killing sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
My favorite band are The Fall.

I don't really care if they're the best band in the world or if anybody else likes them or not.

Why?

Because it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of them. And because other people are not me and obviously think differently.

I think you'll find most rational people who are not idiots would say the same thing about their favorite band.
Yeah, my favorite bands are Converge and GY!BE, I'd have to be an idiot to think everyone would enjoy those bands or to judge people negatively for disliking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I enjoy music more with other people, and although I agree that people hating on my favorite songs/band doesn't spoil my enjoyment, it does sort of kill the (dancing and singing) spirit of some of what I like. The more the merrier, and that goes for (some types) of music, too.

What do you do at a party where no one likes the music you like? DEPRESSING!
Even my closest friends think I have weird taste in music so I'm used to getting stuck listening to music I don't care for. The only time it really bothers me is when I'm stuck listening to shallow rap or manufactured pop for over an hour, then I get kind of irritated.