Music Banter - View Single Post - How many more lectures will Vegangelica make?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #151 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

We were all new members at some point.

I think some people come in here, see the tight-knit community aspect, and expect to be welcomed into that aspect with open arms. Well, I'm sorry...but just like in real life, that doesn't happen immediately. You've got to let us get to know you, learn your quirks, and convince us you will be sticking around. Of course, this is Music Banter so you should probably do that by talking about music first. You've also got to appreciate there are a lot of different personalities here - some you will clash with, some you will love. Just like in real life.

We will discuss, debate, argue, and appreciate music with absolutely anyone, however. That will never change and I've never seen any evidence otherwise. But newbs should also keep in mind...we are mostly AUDIOPHILES here. This adds a whole new level to our appreciation for music, and it can't be helped if someone coming in to talk about bands audiophiles universally loathe implies you don't appreciate music on our level. It's just an unfortunate side effect of taking music this personally.

So stop bitching about how we don't let anyone in our community. It's just not true. There are plenty of very new members who are still here and we all feel they are part of our community now.