Music Banter - View Single Post - Jamie foxx says "black people are the most talented people in the world".
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I'd like to see the context he said it in before I pass judgement.
Yes context is great. In many aspects of life(architectural context is something that many people seem to ignore in my experience), but ehhh, I don't think too much context is needed here. He just flat out said it. I would still like to see the context but this is a pretty blatant statement here. If Leonardo DiCaprio said this about white people, or....I dunno, Michael Fassbender, they would be ****ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Well I think that's bull****. Black people can be every bit as racist as white people, I have black people who will attest to that.

Yeah **** that. I don;t like pretention, and I don't like racism, and this was racism. It is racist to actually ignore the racism in the statement. Weirdly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Okay we can disagree on that but it wasn't racism.
He wasn't saying **** ALL YOU WHITE PEOPLE AND LATINOS BLACK PEOPLE ARE BETTER YOU ****ERS.
He was just kind of... I don't know delusional about black people and their talents.

Lol, never said he was saying that. What he was saying is something more level headed, and thus something that he actually believes and isn't just a mad rant. Its as bad as a white person saying that white people invented everything great.

So a delusional white racist can't be excused? Because it is pretty clear that they are delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
He can be racist all he wants, that's fine. I just think to double standard is a bunch of ****. I'm not convinced there isn't one.

Exactly, but the fact that he( a celebrity, not some lunatic racist ) is making these statements to the public, he is alienating his "white" fans to a certain degree and encouraging racism in his "black" fans to a certain extent

Last edited by PoorOldPo; 02-12-2013 at 02:22 PM.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote