Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #421 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Boring melody? Both 'Celebrity Touch' and 'Feel Like Falling' count as some of the best pop-oriented stuff I've heard over Riverside's last four records. Then you have that killer bassline that anchors 'The Depth Of Self-Delusion', plus there's all the proggy goodness of 'Escalator Shrine' too. :/

I may not be the most eclectic musicgoer in the world, but I know my prog....and S.O.N.G.S. is a pretty damn good record even if its not blasting your speakers to smithereens.
No it is a rather boring album considering the direction they went with on Anno Domini. They seem to be craving commercial leanings with this album and it just doesn't suit them.

Celebrity Touch does have some great build up moments and closing track Deprived is damn epic but this is not the Riverside I fell in love with a few years ago. The production is uninspiring too.

They were due to play at a festival I attended last year in the Czech Republic but they cancelled due to working on the new album but the wait really wasn't worth it.

I do like the album but **** Pop orientated. The band were actually moving evermore away from their heavy Marillion sound on each release and I was welcoming it but this a very disappointing album in terms of evolution.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote