Music Banter - View Single Post - Foodbox (Food & Recipes)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #441 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Okay this was 100% experimentation and it couldn't have come out better.

Pete's Bleu Cheese Burger

Things You'll Need.

-Ground Beef
-Salt/Pepper
-Garlic Salt
-Egg
-Crumbled Bleu Cheese
-1/2 onion
-2 mushrooms
-Crema
-Heavy Cream

We'll start with making your hamburger patties first. In a mixing bowl add your ground beef, salt/pepper, garlic salt, and egg. Then with your hands start mixing all the ingredients together, adding more if you think you need it. Shape into a patty (or use some plastic wrap and a lid), put on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and put that in the fridge for 1 hour.

At about 55 minutes after putting the patty in the fridge, start chopping your onion so they are shaped like long strips and start frying them (preferably in a cast-iron pan). The trick to fried onions is to move them as little as possible. After about five minutes add your mushrooms (I did mine as 1/4" cuts all the way through the shroom). Once they've carmalized, add your heavy cream (I'd say about 1/2 cup if you're only making one burger) and let that sit for a minute or two, then start stirring. The crema is optional, but I found it helped thicken the mixture up quite a bit, and I used about 1/2 a teaspoon. The mixture will take on a beige color from the onions, and when it's starting to thicken, add a teaspoon of crumbled bleu cheese. You don't want to add too much because of how strong it is, and I used 2 teaspoons and it was a little strong. Stir that together and then turn it down to a low setting, stirring occasional so it stays fluid.

Now I'll leave you to your preferred method of cooking the burger, I had to pan-fry it because my oven is broken right now and I don't have a BBQ or George Foreman grill, but when it's cooked to your preferred state of doneness, put on a bun and scoop your bleu cheese sauce, pour on top of the burger and enjoy.
I've made similar burgers, only "Juicy Lucy" style. Mmmmmm... might have to make some this weekend.