Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #19030 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Contortion Horse - S/T

unfortunately short ep.....but very reminiscent of early Sub Pop/AmRep type bands form the 90s....very much like a noisier Hammerhead....which is really saying a lot....there is a track called "There's A Dead Hermaphrodite In The Refrigerator In My Backyard"....you should get on that alone

Ex Wives - Fucking Dutch
and

Ex Wives - A Collection of Shit

there is no way around it....these sound like some long lost Shellac EPs....but a little more sloppy....but still with that amazing guitar work and wonderful lyrics full of wholesome American family values....not a bad thing at all....actually it's quite good

Shoppers - Silver Year

kind of if all of those wonderful freak out noisy interludes in every Sonic Youth song got together and started a female fronted punk band....then got drunk and crashed a My Bloody Valentine reunion show

Neptune - Gong Lake

suggested to me with very good reason....kind of a version of early Liars without trying to sound cool and dancey....kind of mean and very abstract noise rock.....but very much like that first Liars album....which is very good

Greys - Easy Listening
and

Greys - Drift

really good noisy post hardcore punk rock type stuff from Toronto....if these kids ever got any kind of exposure....they would probably be talked about all over the place....check them out before they do
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote