Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #570 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Doesn't really matter who's better.

While those two bands were stuck in a studio endlessly masturbating, The Stones were out there conquering the world.

Oh and then The Doors came along and made the Beach Boys totally irrelevant.
While the bolded is an entirely appropriate way to call things, and the Stones definitely had Rock n Roll down by that period (late 60s/early 70s), I would never really put Beach Boys and Stones (and especially the former and the Doors) in a field of comparison like that. They had two very different approaches to songwriting and their music in general. But I will give the Stones a lot of credit for beating both of the bands at hand to a lot of very innovative/experimental pop songwriting a good while before they have had a stab at it on Aftermath.

However: I'd still say I prefer Smile, but that's just for the album, not the whole "conquering the world" notion, even though they were set to play the Monterrey Pop Festival, which could have helped them do that, if they wanted it.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote