Music Banter - View Single Post - Be thankful if you're a veggie: the Irish horsemeat controversy
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
So everytime we have eaten a burger over here we have been on horse tranquilisers? I usually buy my beef minced from a butcher and make the burgers myself, so I doubt there would be horse in that right?
No I'm pretty sure you're safe there. It's only processed, packaged meat, like burgers, lasagne, pies, that sort of thing. Going direct to the butcher means there was no outside interference and that would be pure Irish beef you're buyin' there son.

The problem seems to have arisen where manufacturers --- originally of burgers but now it's spread to lasagne and who knows what else? --- buy in extra ingredients to "fill out" their burgers. It's supposed to be beef, it's labelled as beef, but dna says NEIGH! So now there's a big investigation going on, and there's more than likely believed to be criminal elements involved, as horsemeat costs about a tenth of beef, so if they used that and sold it as the other, big big profits! Bastards!