Music Banter - View Single Post - Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
He's been like this for so long and he's independent.
I understand that you don't like his image but he isn't something that was manufactured by a record label.

I downloaded his album when it first came out and burned through a couple of tracks til I was tired of them.

When I first heard "Can't Hold Us", I swore that he got John Legend as the feature to sing the hook but it ended up being Ray Dalton that sounds similar to him.

One of my favorite tracks is Jimmy Iovine, the beat seems like it would be better for a throwaway club track but instead he uses it to talk about meeting with an exec. for a deal with a label.

There's a saying in politics "Don't waste your time arguing with a person who's got a vested interest in not being convinced."

Enter Mankycat.

He's in the business of being the angry guy with so much taste he can't relate to the common man. Occasionally we're told we can't argue with him because he just played to a really tough crowd. (He's in the comedy business but you wouldn't know it from his comments or musical interests).

He has opinions. And he took them with himself when he ran off to bury his head in the sand. By the by, how are you DJ. Its been awhile.