Music Banter - View Single Post - How did you come across your favorite artist?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Unhinged Reviews
Groupie

Being that Eminem is one of my top artists, I'll share my discovery of The Slim Shady Lp.

I had been hearing a few cars go around blasting this retarded song or so I thought at the time "My name is". I thought this song was the end of rap, I couldn't get into it. I mean everywhere you went people were blasting it, black/white it didn't matter. This went on for months and I had even looked at the little video he put with it and I thought "Garbage". To make a long story short- One day, my boy Dave had me listen to his LP on New Years Eve leading into 2000, but the first track he played was "Rock Bottom" and I said OMFG..lol I was like why the heck didn't he come out with this first! Once I heard that track, I was like "Dude can actually rap" and the level of skill he had was mind-blowin at that time. I followed that up with "Bad meets Evil" and you already know how awesome that track is. So from that day on, I was and still am an Eminem fan. Let's just say when the Marshall Mathers LP came out around May 2000, I was at target first thing in the morning ready for the second greatest album of all time.
Unhinged Reviews is offline   Reply With Quote