Music Banter - View Single Post - Blade Runner up for murder
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well they refused bail I assume because he's a flight risk and you could be sure he would run if he is guilty. As to the "shoot first" thing, yeah I know what you're saying but if you came downstairs and found an intruder in your house and had a gun, would you just shoot him or would you at least shout "Hey! What the **** are you doing? I have a gun pointed at you so don't make any funny moves!" (and then realise you're NOT in a movie or on TV, but you see where I'm going) --- you don't just shoot someone. What if THEY weren't armed? Or were a vagrant or a drunk who mistook your house for theirs?

You have a right to defend yourself but I doubt any court would support shoot-first policy (maybe Texas; no, definitely Texas!) and who in their right mind would shoot through a door??
Can't say. I've actually been in a v. similar situation to that and in the heat of the moment you can't really say what you'd do, I'd always thought I'd go in all guns blazing (pun not intended) but when it actually happened I shat myself completely

Good point w/ the bail actually.

Tbh the comments from the police are the most damning. The rumours that this was a Valentine's Day surprise gone wrong came from the media and not them. I'll be surprised if this turns out to be an accident.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote