Music Banter - View Single Post - Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
No problem. I'll stop doing that. Note that all I said about the music you posted is that it sounds silly and bad to me.
My curiosity about your ethnic heritage was just a side note, since you brought it up.
Maybe get back to me about either of those things when you're in graduate school?
I am. Balls in your court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Big3 I have no idea what has wound you up, perhaps you're this guys biggest fanboy or something, I don't know why it's so hard for you to comprehend that there are people out there who don't like gimmicky try-hard pop rappers.
The track Thrift Shop is like a Weird Al Yankovic B-side, the lyrics are dumb, his attempts at humour are lame and the whole thing smacks of falsity.
I'm not a fan of parody tracks when they're done well, I prefer either serious material or lighter material that is either one of the following; fun, clever, catchy, relatable or memorable. The Thrift Shop song is not any of the qualities in my eyes.

Maybe if I was a suburban kid who thinks that The Lonely Island are hysterical then I could get behind this, but I'm not so I don't get it.
I assume Macklemore's fans are the same people who rate Hoodie Allen. It's hip-hop music for people who don't like hip-hop music.
Wound up? I'm fine. Admittedly, I'm on the aggressive side in here, but I am because I don't think you have a case against this music. I think you've run away from fun music because you hate the general clientele that listen to it. If I thought you had a point in all this, I wouldn't care.

But I have a sneaking suspicion you're against this stuff because you're busy fighting some us-vs.-them proxy war against d-bags. I can't fault you for that, but you shouldn't take it out on fun music. I mean, for god sakes, when you get drunk what do you dance to?