Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #4366 (permalink)
Face
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
Do you reckon you're going in the right direction under Rodgers?

I hardly watch Liverpool these days, but from what I've seen Suarez/Sterling partnership looks good. I don't get the Sterling hype. At all. Just seems like a pacy winger with not much going for him other than pace.
Do you mean the sturridge/suarez? Yeah, if they both stay I'm happy.

Sterling was a (english!) winger that ran at and occasionally got past people! On the wing! At liverpool! Can you believe how refreshing that was compared to downing for the past 1 1/2 seasons, kuyt (who was great, but really not a winger), and babel? And he's really young, the excitement is his potential and willingness to go forwards (something we lacked earlier in the season). Not a first team quality yet IMO makes a few too many bad decisions, but has made enough good ones to get a couple of goals and assists. One for the future.

As for rodgers, he really should've bought in at least one experienced midfielder last window IMO. Just someone to help drag us through some of the scrappy games and force out a result. I said we shouldve got snejder, it's only now the windows shut and we lose to brom that he comes out and says we need experienced players! But coutinho seems to have instantly clicked as well and is still young.

I feel Rodgers should talk less though sometimes.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote