Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Thoughts About Grand Funk Railroad
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeathexperience View Post
Just wondering what everybody thinks about Grand Funk Railroad. They seem to be in the rock void where nothing much ever gets written about them even though they were one of the most popular bands of the early 70s.
I'm probably their biggest fan on the forum and have covered at least four of their albums on my journal.

http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...y-history.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I saw them sometime around 1972. The opening act was Billy Preston and he & his band kicked their ass. BP's bass player was tearing it up. I lost interest in GFR that night. I was about 14. I realized that night that GFR was just a regular, pedestrian band.
Maybe they just had an off night, I always heard they were a sound live act. But as I've never seen them I can't personally say.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote