Music Banter - View Single Post - K Pop
Thread: K Pop
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Causeway Bay
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
wow! when did k-pop get so much better than j-pop?? I missed the memo. Thanks so much for these, Causeway Bay! Btw, is your username based off of the district in HK? Love it
I really can't say exactly when. My guess is somewhere between 2006-2009 when new kpop idol groups forced themselves into the market with some very nice pop songs, and I think the quality has gone up since those years especially with the likes of Shinsadong Tiger and Sweetune perfecting their craft and the market becoming over-saturated with rookie groups wanting to make it big.

You're also very welcome. It's nice to know that someone enjoys some of the things I share. (That doesn't happen often.) And yes, my username is based off of the district in Hong Kong.

I might as well post some Brown Eyed Girls because I mentioned them before. They are by far the most vocally talented group in k-pop.

The climax at 2:54-3:07 is incredible because of the 'dolphin pitch'. It's unfortunate that they don't sing "Pop" during the chorus though.

These performances are from when they couldn't even get their singles to chart. Incredible vocal performances.
Causeway Bay is offline   Reply With Quote