Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #3928 (permalink)
emalvick
Groupie

A newer member here, and without reading the thread, it seems I am one of the few that actually like TKOL, although with the caveat that I listen to it on my home system cranked up. I hated the album when I first got it listening in my car and PMP only to discover it came to life (for me) when given the benefit of my home system.

It showed me just how much of a difference a good amp, good speakers, and lossless audio can make.

TKOL is more than sound, too, but when I bundle it with the extra tracks they've put out since its release, it makes for a nice album and a fairly radical departure from what In Rainbows had been and similar to the way Kid A departed from the OK Computer sound. Then again, I've always been considered weird by friends who don't understand why my favorite Radiohead albums are Kid A and Amnesiac (and TKOL now) rather than the Bends, OK Computer, or In Rainbows.

Kid A and Amnesiac have never gotten old to me while the other three albums have not aged well for my ears. The Bends and OK Computer sound a bit dated to me now. My brother-in-law thinks TKOL, Kid A, and Amnesiac will only appeal to people who like Electronic or Jazz music. He may be right.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote