Music Banter - View Single Post - Who will be seen as the defining rock artist of the 00's?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You should check out their only bona fide LP, The Garbageman and the Prostitute.
from Allmusic:
Quote:
Kill Me Tomorrow's caustic dance-punk is at first damaging and inebriating. But there is a remarkably catchy core to the songwriting beneath the spaz-out, drilling assaults. The best description for the band's sound might be "noir wave" -- a combination of new wave pop and the dark goth rock of groups like Bauhaus and Joy Division.
Holy **** I need to check these guys out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I'd definitely put White Stripes over Arcade Fire, but I think it can be argued that the success of Funeral and the anticipation for Neon Bible reawoke some feelings that just don't exist anymore, or at least not to the same degree as past decades. However that said, we need to think of what defined the past decade and I think the sole defining aspect of the '00's was the change in the distribution of music, so maybe Yankee Hotel deserves the nod.
True and hell if Summerteeth had been released a year later, I would be crowning Wilco as one of the best of the 2000s

Then again I'm on the fence as to if this new form of distribution is a good thing or not
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote