Music Banter - View Single Post - backing tracks
Thread: backing tracks
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
stevesonthebay
Music Addict

thanks for the advise. i am still getting the basics right with just guitar and vocals at the moment. all a learning curve for me as i have only just started to record in the last few months. its true that i have to be careful with overdoing it with instruments and add ons. i find i can over use effects as well which takes it away to much from the raw sound so i am trying not to over do it but get the playing and singing right first. also am in the process of getting some good mics as i find that the cheaper ones i have bring in a bit of interference. so still getting the basics right. sometimes i add the bass in and that seems to be enough with beat and guitar gives it that basic 4 piece band effect. probably what i was looking for was more like a synth sound in the back ground just weaving its way through the song with maybe keyboard sounds. ive noticed a lot of songs have this and it does compliment like a backing singers voice harmonizing. i am still yet to get my head into the sequencer side of things probably jumped ahead of myself but will dedicate some time to read up about it, was even thinking of doing a short course on studio recording to help. i think i understand the basics of adding vts and sounds through a sequencer but will cross that bridge when i get these other issues sorted. sorry if i sound all over the place i just get a sound in my head and its harder to reproduce that when recording, but hey i enjoy it and i appreciate the advise.

Last edited by stevesonthebay; 02-20-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: add more
stevesonthebay is offline   Reply With Quote