Music Banter - View Single Post - You Are What You Listen To
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Unless I had told them, there are few here who could have divined much about me by my musical tastes. They would probably work out I was older than most due to the age of the bands and the references I make, and if they read my journal they'll occasionally hear me talk about things like not having a phone in the house, or remembering before there were ATMs and so know that I am quite old.
Ok, so you've established that you think people can't judge you by your tastes in music...but do you feel what you listen to is an extension of you?

Quote:
This contributes, I feel, the to person I am, but rather than define it it enhances what is already there. But if I did not listen to these bands, would I be the person I am now?
See, this is where I have to say no! I think the music I've listened to and the bands/songs I like add layers to my personality and soul that wouldn't have been there otherwise. Perhaps I meant this to be more of a discussion about music and the human soul, if you think it exists.

I think the hypothetical human soul and music are very closely intertwined, actually. For example, I emote my energy -- whether negative or positive -- better when music is in the mix.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote