Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #12942 (permalink)
Circe
Blunt After Blunt After

So, after assuming it was just going to be another of those films that I had to give a miss due to the impossibilities of organising teenage cinema visits I got to see Wreck-It Ralph. In short, it's not as good as Pixar at their best but it's still very, very good and if you have any love for Pixar's films then you should go and see it asap. The plot's good (although it could probably have done with a bit of editing), the characters are well-developed, well-rounded and genuinely sympathetic, the acting's great (Sarah Silverman being my favourite for managing to pull off one of those rare feats of an annoying character who isn't actually annoying, if that makes any sense to anyone but me) and the animation's absolutely superb. The fanservice isn't as much as I expected but it has its moments and all in all it clearly comes across as a labour of love rather than one of the shameless cash-ins Dreamworks have been vomiting out for the past few years now. I've heard a lot of people who don't at least possess some traits of nerddom claim that it wasn't very good or that it didn't grab their attention but those people are wrong.
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote