Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #590 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonics View Post
All I'm saying is that The Beatles were so consistent that they are mainly an album-band to me (despite an endless amount of great singles), while The Beach Boys is more of a singles-band. To me. I still dig them, though.
Now I have to take objection here. Honestly, up until Abbey Road for sure (and Sgt. Peppers on paper, but also the White album because I just really like it probably), the Beatles were never very consistent in their albums. They were consistent in progression, absolutely; they were consistent on putting out at least one to a few great songs per album; but as far as the album actually sounding like good, cohesive whole, I'd have to disagree, up until a certain point. The Beach Boys weren't much better honestly, if any better at all, until Smile for sure and Pet Sounds maybe - the latter certainly has great peaks and momentum and perhaps even a plotted movement of songs, but the constant fade-ins and -outs just destroy what could be a very clear, cohesive album.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote