Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Metal Purchases
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #212 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Speaking of silly band names, I just ordered Bolt Thrower's "Mercenary" on vinyl. **** me some of their records have retarded prices, the only other records of theirs on Amazon in the sub-$30 range are "In Battle There is No Law!" (which I already have) & "For Those Once Loyal". I like "Realms of Chaos" plenty, but that was more than the food processor I ordered,
I actually think Bolt Thrower is a pretty good band name. It's descriptive and evocative. Devil's Train? No. Is that the train that the devil rides? A train on route to the devil? Or just a train that the devil owns and/or operates? I have a feeling that the band's music is as silly as any of these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't really find their name goofy at all to be honest. There are certainly far cheesier metal band names out there, even among the biggies. I'm mean, if you want to talk about cheesy metal names look no further than Megadeth and Metallica.
Naw, those are both cheese-free.
Megadeth = an extraordinary amount of Deth. They don't even need to use an "a" in death because you know what they mean so why waste logo space?

Metallica makes as much sense as psychedelia or electronica. It just means a whole bunch of metal packaged together.

Okay, so maybe they're goofy names but if they're cheesy then Devil's Train is aerosal cheese.