Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #418 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Do vary your reps and sets like in that little list, that is maybe something I could look in to as I've never tried it, I usually do 3 sets of 10 on everything but have cut it down to about 8ish lifting heavier weights.
Did you mean to type 'do you'? If so yeah. I do do heavy squats as well though. I just basically mix everything up to shock the muscles but the basic structure of what I do is what I posted yeah.

Tbh if you're not looking to gain size then just stick with what you know, I know what to do for myself to gain size and general bodybuilding but strength, endurance... I know, not so much. I'm pretty clueless there admittedly cos I don't care about being strong.

Quote:
I've still to go on to bb, I've just been collecting resistance exercises so I can do them at home. Although I love the gym now I'm still pretty self conscious about my body/people watching me.

Lunges are great for working glutes but I ****ed my ankle up when I was 15 and have been wearing poor shoes every since so my ankles and knees are screwed.
Gutted, can you not do lunges at all then? Also wouldn't that cause trouble squatting if you can't do lunges? I hate lunges tbh, my balance is awful seriously and it's a struggle to do them.

Quote:
Are you talking about hamstring curls? I'm going to incorporate super sets of them into my gym programme (where I basically go at it for as long as possible with a medium weight and repeat until you CANNOT walk haha)
I do do hamstring curls as well yeah (+good mornings +couple other things) but what I meant there was leg extensions/curls for your quads, I have a bench with the attachment on that I can do both.

Quote:
I've never done much legs to be honest, I mostly work my arms, chest, back and core. I never done anything more than necessary with my legs. I'm not too worried about the DOMS, the more it hurts the damn better . I hate how the day after you're all 'oh I'm not too bad' then the next day you can't get out of bed haha, seen myself in that position a few times!
That's the spirit

Yeah I get you.

Not being able to use a computer cos you can't put your arms out straight -
Lifting yourself out of chairs with your arms + taking 30 seconds to climb stairs -

Quote:
Thanks fluffy, great information and have given me some great ideas. I dare say you will be on the right path in your own workout because your knowledge is pretty above average. I hate gym dudes who have only worked there chest and biceps cos they want big muscles and end up with warped looked bodies, but think they look fabulous.

Again, thanks!
Cheers Fetcher, you're pretty clued up yourself tbh you seem v. enthusiastic.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote