Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Metal Purchases
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #215 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Actually no it doesn't. I'm not trying to argue with you either, but there's a clear distinction to be made here.

Based on your assumptions the music does not appeal to YOU. Doesn't mean it's bad or that it might not appeal to anyone else. It's rather interesting that you often take me to task for overanalysing music particularly in my reviews, but here you've deconstructed one song to prove your point. I would have been happy if you'd said: based on what I heard my assumption was correct: I don't like it. But to pick the song apart to show how right you were is just being a little, I don't know, over the top as far as I'm concerned.

You don't like it. Fine. You've made the assertion you don't like much/any of the music I like. That was proven, in a way, when I took Pet Shop Boys apart and you got angry (in jest I assume) at me for doing so. Just shows that not everyone likes the same thing; would be a boring world if they did.

However, harsh as I was on PSB (and I do dislike them intensely, possibly due to my arsehole brother, as per the review) I went out of my way to state, as I do on each "Albums from Hell" slot, that it is my opinion only and further, an opinion formed when I was, shall we say, younger. So I understand and accept you like PSB, they're not for me. On the other hand you put down DT without any qualificiation, ie not for me but some of you might like them.

That's what annoys me. Nah, it doesn't annoy me; you're entitled to your opinion but it gets a little under my skin when you make sweeping generalisations like that, as if I don't know what I'm talking about. Granted, much of the time I don't, but on this occasion I'd recommend this band, not as anything wild or groundbreaking or new, but just as a fun band to listen to. I'm not trying to say they're the new Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses or anything, but I think they're ok and I liked the album.

Just afford me the courtesy of accepting that though you don't like them, I do and others might, and don't dismiss them out of hand. Then we can remain if not friends then at least cordial enemies...