Music Banter - View Single Post - How many more lectures will Vegangelica make?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #166 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I think Erica's got a point. You start a mock/parody thread; if the person you're mocking does not find it funny, then it was mean and you shouldn't have, mod or not. Particularly not mods.

If he's a problem, deal with it in a mature manner.
Exactly, Tore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
I love Erica and admire her so much for her very genuine kindness, tremendous intellect, and her willingness to go to bat for the underdog time and time again. I have never seen Erica exchange harsh words with anyone here. Surely that is something we should all respect. When I think of Erica, my mind always automatically goes to the Henry James quote, “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” It doesn’t cost anything to be nice, you know.
Liz, thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. Thank you also for being part of the community as long as you were! I'm so glad we met due to MusicBanter.

(I *have* exchanged harsh words with people here...but that was in a Fake Argument Thread long ago. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
[...] I came in just to say how I feel about Erica. She has strength I can't even imagine. I couldn't put up with this place for a month. And she's done it for years. I can't find one single thing she's done to deserve this reaction. You guys jump on her all the time for doing what? Saying, 'Hey we're the established members here, we should be taking care of the new members and others who don't know how things work around here. No need to be rude.'

Really???

[...] If she sees someone getting bullied on the internet she will stand up for them. If she sees someone getting bullied in real life she would put herself between that person and their attacker like a shield. If she sees someone down on their luck she will pick them up and dust them off and put them back on the right track. It isn't a game or a show to her. It's how she's lived her whole life.

I can't find a single thing she's done wrong. All I see is kindness and defense of others, thoughtful responses and immense contribution to threads. She's one of the very few 'functional' members of MB!

I believe a moderator should never have a personal stake in performing their tasks. They should not even be allowed to post insults to the other members.

If you mods feel you should be allowed to do your job and there are things going on behind the scenes that no one else understands...hey 'what ever helps you sleep at night' is all I can say.

And yes I know....I'll get a whole long line of ....'I hate her so much, she's always so nice!'....and here comes Vanilla with 'She gets on my nerves with her kindness!!!' and Urban will say 'We should respect the members? WHAT? F**K the members!'.
Awwww, slappy! Thank you for voicing your support for polite moderation and for voicing your loving support of me!

I completely agree with your thoughts about moderation methods. Whatever is going on behind the scenes shouldn't be used an excuse for moderators to go on the boards and act out their aggravation by creating threads about members.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote