Music Banter - View Single Post - Kids Drum Kit Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretch7 View Post
You're right, I don't know much about drumming personally - is that a crime? I came here for some advice not to be asked if English is my first language??! Thank you - I am actually TESOL trained, please excuse my musical ignorance and typo...!! I am not enforcing anything on my kid I am only encouraging her in the things she is already showing interests in!!! For your info - she loves to dance and sing so now she goes to modern jazz for 2-3 years olds, she also swims four times a day in our pool and can dive and do overarm - beats watching F*Cking TV all day don't you think???! I encourage, not enforce - if I wanted parenting tips, I'd ask... Thanx again, maybe I'm chose the wrong website to come for some sugguestions...?!
I think you chose the wrong way to respond to the help you came here seeking.
If you're going to be selective about the advice you're willing to accept, you may as well just be deciding on your own.

The advice you have been given is simple and correct. Buy what you are comfortable paying for, but don't worry about quality this early in the game, as it will not matter. If your entire goal is to buy the best quality kiddie kit for your 3 year old, you obviously care more about irrelevant factors than simply providing a means for your kid to decide to enjoy. If you absolutely need the drums to be the best possible brand, that quite obviously speaks more to your own desire than your kid's or the practicality of the matter.
But hey, don't take my word for it. Instead, just think whatever you want to. You obviously have it all covered.