Music Banter - View Single Post - Scenario: You are offerend $50,000,000 to kill a man.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #125 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Um, no it wouldn't. If it did I'd consider robbing a bank or mugging someone or insurance fraud. Boring as it may seem, I'm from the school of thought that believe you reap what you sow, and so if I got rich by virtue of an immoral, to say nothing of illegal act, I'd never be able to enjoy it and I'd feel like I was lying to my sister, who would surely ask where all this money had come from? I'd be expecting bad things to happen, even if they didn't. Anyway, I always try to put myself in the other guy's shoes, and I would certainly not want anyone taking money to kill me, or my sister, people they don't even know. Do unto others (then split) as they say... And no, I'm not in the least religious. I just think you should treat people as you would like to be treated.
I think you're still missing my point. I know the moral argument. It's not at all hard to understand. My point is that in the heat of the moment who knows what will or will not go through your mind? Assuming that you know seems like a lack of imagination or a refusal to consider other points of view on your part.

Not trying to sound like a douche, but I prefer to not pull my logical punches even when debating one of my fav people on the site.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote