Music Banter - View Single Post - How did you come across your favorite artist?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Insane Guest
Music Addict

Heard songs like "Money", "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2", "Hey You", "Welcome to the Machine" and the rest of their radio hits. I always liked the different sound they had, it was rock with something extra. At this time, I was completely uninformed about anything pertaining to music, didn't own one album. Time progressed, I got into more genres, more bands, and started to love music altogether. Fast forward to about two or three years ago, I heard Meddle, and was absolutely stunned by the music, I had never really heard something like "Echoes", an epic 20+ minute song, I forever will get the same feeling as the first time I heard it, same with "Fearless" and the section with Liverpool fans singing "Never Walk Alone", I find it so pure, the best music I have heard. I then heard Animals, sure enough, fell in love, watched the Pulse live DVD (on mushrooms), which is when they became my favorite band. That experience is one of my favorites, only because it's the closest thing I will get to experiencing them live. It was so powerful and overwhelming, I connected with the songs on another level, understanding the point they are trying to make about clichés of life, harsh realities, the cycles, the worst it has to offer, and the beauty of it. I have close to every album, unreleased tracks, bootlegs, documentaries, anything about the band I want to know. No question my favorite band. It sucks that a vast majority of people don't go beyond the Dark Side of the Moon, it's a legendary album, but there is much more they have to offer. It makes me extremely sad they may never get back together to play a show, but I want to see at least one of the members live before I die, then and only then I could truly die happy. Few have come close to having such a big impact on me musically,
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote