Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #289 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Hey wait a second I once called these guys the NSYNC of punk. Get outta my head. I can't believe they made your list along with Rise Against but carry on.
NYSNC, lol, I know there is a lot of hardcore fans who view Anti Flag as pussy punk, and I agree with them to an extent, but I'm trying to take my own personal bias out of this and be inclusive.

At least two people following this, appear to be happy that they're on the list, so there you go, but I hear ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
your list puzzles me at times man

i saw anti-flag open for the queers in the early 90s and was not very impressed by them at that time.....seemed to me at the time that they were trying a little hard.....still at that i feel they got some great ideas and its good to know that kids are hearing them....still man

above Action Swingers and the Gorilla Biscuits and no Quicksand on the list.....you baffle me

back to the Jesus Lizard

look i love Scratch Acid....and maybe this has more to do with my age....but Jesus Lizard were one of the best things to happen to me when i was a teenager.....to this day if i hear of a band that has anything to do within 7 degrees of Jesus Lizard....i listen to them

plus if they had quit with Liar....they would not have made their best album Shot

this may be their first album away from touch and go....and (gasp) on a major label....but do you really think anybody told these guys what to do....except to do what they do....and release a fucking amazing record

seriously give a real listen....this is by far one of their greatest albums
The Gorilla Bicuits still has you ruffled eh Lol, don't take the list to seriously, the countdown is just for fun, like I've stated a few times now, it's the bands that matter & it would be my preference to revise the list with everyone's input when I'm done, make it bigger & better.

As for Quicksand, if I don't feel I like a genre or band enough to give them justice, I just leave them off the list than rather lowball them. I just don't care for their musical style, I have nothing against the band.

As for Anti Flag versus the Action Swingers, I just gave an explanation on how I rate things via Chaos UK, but in this case, yes the Action Swingers are the better band, and are one of my personal favourite bands. I however really thought no one would give two squirts about them, and as I'm wrapping up to take another hiatus, I thought I would end off with some notable bands to keep everyone happy.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote