Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #330 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
In response to the top 5 lists...

I'm about halfway through ADWD, and I'd go with:

1. Jon Snow - He's been my favourite character the whole way through, and I've always found his chapters to be the most interesting. With as many plotlines and characters as there are, I still feel he is the focal point of the story for whatever reason.

2. Jaime Lannister - GRRM has done a masterful job molding the readers' views on him throughout the series. Kind of funny to think that he entered into the series by pushing a kid out of a window, yet he's developed into a character that is pretty much impossible to hate, all while holding on to that edge that makes him an interesting character.

3. Tyrion Lannister - I think he's the most well-written character in the series. He's clever, funny, brazen, and vulnerable at different times or all at once. I can't consider him my favourite because he can be unbelievably annoying at times, but he is very well written.

4. Davos Seaworth - I still feel that he's GRRM's replacement for Ned Stark as that dutiful and honourable mainstay that you know what to expect from. He's one of those characters that really doesn't have all that much depth, but he's absolutely impossible to not like.

5. Petyr Baelish - I had a really tough time coming up with a 5th character, but ultimately settled on Littlefinger. GRRM has set him up as the most intelligent and clever character in the series, and essentially the mastermind behind a lot of the plotlines in the story, and I think you have to respect that, even if he does come across as creepy.
Read the rest and get back to me The end half of DWD is very good!
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote