Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #5548 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
I'm hoping by this point they've learned that fetishising her weak young body being penetrated by long pointy-ended objects wielded by men that then proceed to grope her isn't a particularly good idea. I really do hope they don't mess it up. Lara Croft actually being transformed into a strong female character in a game that's actually fun to to play? That would be a victory for me on so many levels.
Yeah the brutalization of Lara in that trailer from last year's E3 was pretty intense and I'm a little ashamed to admit that it did hit my "chivalrous" side that made me want to protect her. Despite that, I have to say I was always impressed by how she always got up and trudged on regardless of the situation. In fact, from what I've read so far, she does stand up as a good image of a strong woman in video gaming with the only incongruous behavior being her apparent ease into the killing of humans despite apologizing for killing a deer. Regardless I think this game is going to be a win both for fun and engaging gameplay, and another strong female character.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote