Music Banter - View Single Post - How old are you?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #64 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I'm afraid of turning 30, actually. I think my 30th birthday will be more depressing than any other milestone birthday because then it means I'll have to actually "grow up" and shit... When you're in your 20's and you go out and party all night and crap nobody really bats an eyelid but when you're 30+, you get judged for it (at least I think so).
I think the real difference here is that when most people turn 30, they're not really being dictated by the age as much as the circumstance. Most of them are out of the house, fending for themselves, etc.
You don't just go "Oh, I'm 30 now, time to grow up" as if it's some sort of choice. You simply find yourself in a different state of mind, dictated by how you've played the life game by then. Not dictated by an arbitrary number where you're suddenly supposed to be different. The numbers never dictate the maturity. The maturity dictates the average of the numbers.

Also, if you're like most 30 year olds in 30 year old scenarios, you're probably not worried about the club scene as much, because you usually have more important sh*t to worry about. Not going out isn't usually dictated by the fact you're 30 and "ewww there's a 30 year old at the club!!!"

Although, I'm definitely not saying that there aren't 30 year olds still living in mom's basement who still think that way.