Music Banter - View Single Post - Aesop Rock
Thread: Aesop Rock
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I took issue with a couple of ideas presented earlier, as a very irregular Aesop listener:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Never before has an MC been so devoid of emotional delivery, Aesop seems reluctant to break from giving every verse in the same monotonic and monotonous manner. And that's all he is: verses. Guy cannot write a hook. And you cannot succeed in rap without being able to crack the difficult art of hook writing.
Well, Ghostface doesn't exactly have the best hooks, and a lot of his songs are either practically devoid of them or having ones that sound almost exactly like ones you've heard before. Examples: "All" of Iron Man and Supreme Clientele.

Quote:
... that his hyperbole should mean that much to me that I'd have to sieve through the Da Vinci Code in order to find something Rick Ross says much more clearly.
This comparison is so off the wall it seems like it could have been aired on Family Guy sketch. Unless you're relating hyperbole, I really have to question the merit of this claim; and if you are, I'd still contend that, well, Rick Ross is shit and you should probably stop comparing him to anyone.

Quote:
Why people would dedicate so much time in trying to decipher what he's saying rather than just listen to something melody driven, or less chauvinistic stumps me.
To the bolded: Um, what?

To the rest: Does that invalidate modernist literature or drone music? In terms of deciphering and melody respectively.

Quote:
...I am doing so to find out why you guys like him so much.
Is that why you haven't actually responded to anyone who answered your "opinion"?

Quote:
If it is, why not just learn Arabic and translate the Qur'an
Because he's Jewish so we'd translate the Torah.

Quote:
Also, if you're going to reply saying his lyrics are good, etc. That too is an opinion. It is your opinion that said lyrics are in fact 'good'
Well... what exactly do you want us to answer with? A list of allusions? A beat with discernible melody that is (by opinion's measure) accessible? How many metaphors per bar?

If you're not even going to consider anyone else's "opinions," why in the hell should we consider yours?
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote