Music Banter - View Single Post - Describe Yourself
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Key

I'm gonna do my best to describe myself, but i'm not always the best:

- I've probably got the writing ability of an 8th grader. Never have been good at being able to express my thoughts through words. I see a lot of people on here writing out sentences that are college level, and I try hard to do that, but it's hard for me for some reason.
- I didn't learn to read until I started school. A lot of people have their parents teach them at a young age, but I had to learn while being in school at the same time. I was put in special reading classes through my entire school career because of it, including my last year of high school.
- I have an addiction to checking my phone every couple minutes if i'm expecting a call from somebody. Needless to say, I have a lot of night where i'm disappointed that I didn't hear from someone. I've also got a phobia of calling people and answering a phone call, so two and two make for some very awkward missed calls and call backs. I'll literally make an excuse as to why I missed a call, when in actuality, I was sitting right there waiting for the voicemail to come in.
- I act stupid in public to shield the fact that I actually don't like to talk to people. I've never been in a comfort zone where I feel like my opinion matters. My girlfriend is the only person I talk to and even then, I can't talk in a serious manner, because like my dad, I've never had an easy time being honest with people, so I try to hide that by joking with them or making them feel like they're being silly, even when they're not...
- I'm very observant. I look at every body that walks near me or around me. My girlfriend thinks it's creepy, but I honestly have no control over it. I have to look at something that is moving in my line of sight, you never know when it's something you need to run away from.
- When I see somebody I know in public, I do my best to make it seem like i'm busy, just so I don't have to engage in conversation.
- I feel like I get personally attacked on the internet all the time, when I really just make it an issue by myself by thinking that they're directing something at me, when they actually aren't. I've tried to work on it, but I have a constant need to defend myself, for some reason.

I feel like a lot of that stuff was negative, but it feel like i'm always quiet about the stuff deep in my system.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote